Tuesday, December 18, 2007

1st Post!

So this is my very first post and more of a tester than anything else. I am planning to use this blog as a way to keep family and friends updated (as much as possible!) while I am away for the next 27 months. Where will I be for the next 27 months? Let me tell you:

On December 10, 2007, I received an invitation from the Peace Corps to serve in Costa Rica as a "Rural Community Developer." It has been a very long and winding process to actually get the invitation, but as soon as I got it, it made everything worth it, because this sounds like the perfect post for me. I get to practice my Spanish, the job sounds incredible (and challenging!), and I get to be in Costa Rica! I'm leaving on February 25, 2008 for 2-3 days of staging (somewhere in the US, they haven't told me yet) and then it's off to Costa Rica for the next 2 years! I could not be happier about the way everything has turned out. I have wanted to do the Peace Corps forever and it's exciting to think that this is my opportunity!

I'll post more when I have more information!

Besos,
Tes

2 comments:

Perezosita said...

tes your blog is going to make my next two years! haha i love you, is it weird if i make it my homepage? lol

Unknown said...

Tes,
We will miss you. We can not wait to hear about the adventures ahead.

Love you
Cousin Mona