Saturday, September 19, 2009

Mi Casa!

Pictures of my home for the next 8 months:



view from the front door. this is the 'sala' aka main living room area, which is also the perfect spot for my English class

the kitchen. that red sink and bucket is my laundry area

kitchen table with cool log chairs, as well as space to hang clothes to dry during the rainy season
where the magic that is my cooking takes place. this is the first time I made tortillas all by myself... the final product-- yum!my bed with lots of pictures of family and friends surrounding it
all of the clothing I have in CR is in this picturemy adorable 13 year old neighbor
playing uno in the sala--- a typical Sunday afternoon with my neighbors








4 comments:

Elizabeth Meuser PCV Malawi said...

My name is Elizabeth Meuser and I am currently a Peace Corps Volunteer in Malawi, Africa. I will be coming to Cost Rica on December 16th for 20 days. I am trying to plan my trip and was wondering if you could offer some advice. Like, do I need a car or can I just take a mini bus? Where are the cheap but nice places to stay in San Jose, Jaco, and Manue Antonio. Any tips for money traveling, or anything else you think would be important? If you could please e-mail me back at elizabethmmeuser@hotmail.com that would be great. I also am interested in taking a Spanish course for a few days, any idea where I can sign up at? Thank you so much. I hope you are enjoying your experience in Costa Rica. It looks very different from our experience here in Africa:) You actually have tile on your floor:) Thank you for your time and help.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth Meuser

Perezosita said...

yay!! tes i'm so glad u put up ur pics. i love ur apt! and i LOVED seeing you - it was nice to get to catch up - i miss you already! besos y abrazos

Fish said...

Tes, this is beautiful! I'm so excited for you...it must feel incredible to have a place to call home - that is your own home - while you're there! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Hello (Hola)

I want to retire in Costa Rica some day. Right now it is only a dream and I must visit first to be certain it is all I have dreamed it would be. I live in New York currently and I'm tired of just about everything. I'm looking forward to visiting Costa Rica some time next year. I'm not the spoiled type and I love your home! It is exactly what I would want with maybe a little added security because I'm from NYC and couldn't sleep thinking someone would walk in on me in the middle of the night. I'm sure in due time I would get over that fear..

Well I just wanted to contact someone in Costa Rica and maybe have a pen pal? So right back and let me know if anything interesting is going on there and what the price would be to own a place like yours. Where is it located and how far it is to groceries and the city?

Ron Henderson